Curated hand-picked Discovery Boxes inspired for the Conscious Minded Individual.
Regardless of what other people and the media tell you, true beauty comes from the inside.
You can have trendiest clothing, hair & makeup styles, but if your body and mind are full of toxins, you're going to feel ugly & unhappy.
That's why when people ask me for beauty advice, I go the untraditional route. I'm not going to tell you to workout more, go shopping, or choose a new hairstyle. I'm going to go deep than that; and share the true path to being radiant - inside & out.
Below is my best advice for feeling beautiful:
1. Your body is a temple. Be mindful of what you put in and on it. When we begin to see our bodies this way, everything changes. Trust me. Love and adore your body; honor its needs and it will honor you. From this place anything can happen and even, heal.
2. Sleep & hydrate. Now this is simple stuff, but so often it's overlooked. If you're feeling overwhelmed or breaking out, think about how much sleep and water you've been getting. Chances are, it's not enough.
3. Create your own happiness. Life isn't always perfect, but luckily we get to decide to be happy or not. Even the hardest situations have a silver lining. Search until you find it. Staying positive is the path to sacred beauty.
Now tell me in the comments below, what are you best unusual beauty tips?
The beauty industry is designed to plot against your best interests to keep you buying. They play on your fears to get you hooked on their products, which are often synthesized at the expense of others (such as children, immigrants or animals).
Not only that, so many of the beauty products on the market today are full of toxic chemicals & cancer causing agents. Yuck, right? They're selling us beauty, but delivering harm.
Luckily, there's many ways to protect yourself. For example, THINKDIRTY APP, which allows you to view the health ratings of over 350,000 beauty products such as shampoo, makeup, deodorant, lotion & toothpaste. It's about informing yourself, so the media & marketing can't take advantage of you. Because they will try.
If you're gluten-free like me, you'll also have to be careful of all the additives that contain gluten too.
Here's a list of what ingredients to avoid if you're looking for gluten-free beauty products:
- Amp –Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
- Amp- –Isostearoyl Wheat/Corn/Soy Amino Acids
- Aspergillus/Saccharomyces /Barley Seed Ferment Extract
- Avena Sativa (oat)
- Oat Flour
- Kernal Extract
- Bacillus/Wheat Bran/Phaseolus Angularis Seed/Prunes Armeniaca seed
- Barley (Hordeum Distichum) Extract
- Barley (Hordeum Distichum) Flour
- Barley (Hordeum Vulgara) Extract
- Barley (Hordeum Vulgara) Flour
- Barley (Hordeum Vulgara) Juice
- Barley (Hordeum Vulgara) leaf juice
- Barley (Hordeum Vulgara) powder
- Barley (Hordeum Vulgara) Root Extract
- Barley (Hordeum Vulgara) Seed Extract
- Barley Anything
- Barley Lipids
- Cetearyl Wheat Straw or Bran glycosides
- Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Cocoyl hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Dextin Palmitate
- Disodium wheat germanido MEA/PEG-2-sulfocuccinate
- Ethyl Wheat Germate
- Extract/Gycine Soja Seed Ferment Extract
- Extract/Xanthium Strumarium Fruit
- Fagopytum (Buckwheat) leaf Extract
- Fermented grain extract
- Hordeum Distichin Barley Extract/Seed Flour
- Hydrogenated Wheat germ oil/Barley Protein/Malt Extract/Oatflour/ Oat Protein/Rye Phytoplacenta Extract/
- Hydrolyzed Vegetable protein
- Hydrolyzed oat flour
- Hydrolyzed rye
- Hydrolyzed wheat bran/wheat flour
- Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Hydrolyzed Malt extract
- Lactobacillus/oat/rye/wheat ferment
- Lactobacillus rye flour ferment filtrate
- Larudimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat amino acids/ wheat protein or wheat starch
- Malt anything
- Oat (Avena Sativa)
- Oat Amino Acids
- Oat fiber
- Oat floursodium Lauroyl
- Olivoyl Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Palmitoyl Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Pantoea Agglomerans/Wheat Flour Ferment Extract
- PG-Wheat Protein
- Phytosphingosine Extract
- Polygonum G
- Potassium cocoyl hydrolyzed oat protein
- Potassium Olivoyl Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Potassium Palmitoyl Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Quaternium-79 hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Rye Anything
- Rye Extract
- Rye Flour
- Rye Seeds
- Saccharomyces/ Barley Seed Ferment Extract
- Samino Peptide Complex
- Savena Sativa Oat Flour
- Secale Cereale
- Secale Cereale rye extract
- Secale Cereale rye phytoplacenta culture extract filtrate
- Sodium C8-16 Isoalkylsuccinyl wheat protein sulfonate
- Sodium Capryloyl Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Sodium cocoyl Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Sodium cocoyl oat amino acids
- Sodium lauroyl oat amino acids
- Sodium stearoyl hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Sodium stearoyl oat protein
- Sodium wheat germanphaocetate
- Sodium /TEA-Undecylenoyl Hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Steardmnonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein
- Streptococcus Zooepidermicus/wheat peptide ferment
- Tocopheral Acetate- Very Common (it's a possibility of cross contaimination)
- Trimethyksilyl hydrolyzed wheat protein Pg-Propyl methylsilanediol crosspolymer
- Triticum Aestivum Wheat flour/germ/germ oil/ leaf/peptide
- Triticum Vulgare
- Triticum Vulgare wheat/bran/flour/ lipids/ germs
- Undecylenoyl wheat amino acids
- Vitamin E
- Wheat Germ oil
- Wheat Protein
- Wheatgermamidopropyle Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate
- Yeast Extract
- Zinc Undecylenoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein.
- Triticum Vulgare Wheat Starch/Germ oil/Sprout extract/germ protein
- Undercylenoyl Wheat Amino Acids
- Vitamin E
- Wheat Germ
Tell me in the comments, what are your favorite gluten-free beauty products?