My favorite way to start off a day is dessert first.
I like to categorize it as a super-food with carb, fat, fruit ratio that you simply can’t go wrong with. After all life is all about balance and being present. Let's be honestthough we are all looking for on-the-go goodies to make breakfast simple and easy.
I know that banana’s and avocado aren’t your usual suspects for cookies but they create a flavorful and creamy texture that makes the cookies soft and complimentary to the cacao and peanut butter. Not to mention the fiber in the avocado will help to make you fell fuller longer. I LO V E cherries for so many reasons! One, these bite sized fruits have a hormone called melatonin to help with insomnia but also contain a flavonoid antioxidant called quercetin. These anti-inflammatory effects provide assistance for digestion; I’d say they are the perfect fit fruit packed into one. These cookies will be a splendid ooey gooey treat to start a mindful nourishing day.
- 2 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (can sub seed butter I prefer nut butter with the cherries)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 cups pitted black cherries (frozen or fresh)
- Extra cherries for optional topping
- Extra peanut butter to drizzle on the top of cookie
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add banana, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt, avocado, ground flax seeds, cacao powder, peanut butter and cherries and mix until all the ingredients are fully combined.
The ingredients should be dense with not clumps. The avocado and bananas will make a really beautiful creamy consistency that softens the oats up as you fold the ingredients together.
3. Use a large spoon, scoop the dough and place on the parchment paper. Press a fork in the middle and flatten to create a nest. Place a few halves on the top and place in the oven.
4. Bakes cookies at 350 degrees for about 11 mins. They should be slightly firm on the outside, perfect and gooey in the middle. Transfer to a pretty dish and drizzle your favorite peanut butter or seed butter over the top! Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee for breakfast or a hearty snack.