If you're looking for a healthy alternative, do your own research first, always, our bodies are all unique. Your temple should have a checklist for things that work you.
Fearless dinning at its best! This is a fabulous gluten free, vegan pizza.
You’re going to LOVE the crust, and zucchini a low calorie radical anti-oxidant! Now this is a light refreshing scrumptious treat you don’t have to feel guilty about.
The complimenting flavors of the sweet summer squash zucchini, juicy tomatoes and nutty essence of the cashews really tie together the summery zest.
This healthy choice pizza doesn’t involve inflammatory white flours only delicious nutrient dense veggies pack full of protein and fiber. Plus they’ll help stabilize your blood sugar to keep you satisfied longer, which is why I almond flour and coconut flour.
Who says you have to miss out on cheese being vegan? There are so many delicious healthy alternatives out there, this is a very simple cashew cheese recipe you can whip up in 15 minutes or less. Give it a try...
- 1 cup cashews (best soaked for 3-4 hours the longer the better in water)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 crushed fresh garlic clove
- 1 tsp granulated garlic salt
- 3 tbsp of water
1.Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until blended.
2. If you like garlic feel free to add a little more crushed garlic for that extra garlicky flavor. Slowly add celtic salt. I used celtic salt for its minerals but can be subbed out for Himalayan salt. Regular salt is chemically treated so I try to stay away from that but if no other option is available you can use table salt.
3. After all of your ingredients are completely blended to create that smooth consistency transfer to a bowl and chill for 10 minutes.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ cup fresh basil for the top
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder/granulated garlic
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp fresh pepper
- 1 tbsp red pepper chili flakes
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp of coconut flour
- 2 flax eggs ( 2 tbsp. of ground flax seed + 4 tbsp. of water)
- Toppings of choice (I used 3 cherry tomatoes + 1 roma tomato and basil)
A few other topping suggestions for the topping could be eggplant + artichokes orpineapple + mushrooms. Mmmm I’m hungry…
1. Preheat oven (with a pizza stone if you have one) to 400F.
2. Cut the tops and bottoms off the zucchinis.
3. Shred the zucchinis. I use a cheese grater but you can put in the foodprocessor to shred zucchini
4. Transfer to a bowl and use the kitchen towel or a nut milk bag to squeeze as much water out of the zucchini as much as possible. Once you think you are done, squeeze more. This is the most important step to get a crispy crust.
5. Mix the zucchini with the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
6. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
7. Form the "dough" into 2 (7") pizzas and flatten each pizza.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are brown.
9. Remove from oven and add your toppings.
10.Start building your pizza with you choice of layering the vegan cheese first on top of the zucchini crust, and then add your juicy tomatoes and basil. Once your pizza is ready to go put the pizza back in the oven for another 10 minutes and watch carefully.
11. See directions for the Avocado Pesto when the Pizza is completely cooked at still hot out of the oven. You will Cut open the corner of the Avocado pesto bag and squeeze across cooked pizza as your final step.
Avocado Pesto is a light additive to give your taste buds a little extra kick!
I love chili flakes because it adds a fire and spice to your dish. Capsaicin is a natural pain reliever and stimulates your metabolism. I love this recipe because it's a nice combo of healthy fats with the creamy avocado, also on the same note, not oily. Basil has wonderful anti-inflammatory enzymes that help with the gut healing process. Blending the leaves create a holistic oil that help protect the body from unwanted bacteria. One of my favorite herbs I will use for inflammation with my autoimmune disease.
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper chili flakes
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup basil (equals to be about 1 large handful)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
1. The directions are very simple.
2. Place all of the ingredients in the food processor and pulse for 1 minute till the texture is smooth and creamy.
3. Add more grape seed oil if needed to the desired consistency.
4. Transfer pesto into a plastic baggie and cut the corner off to pipe onto the pizza. I used this method because its less messy and I can put the pesto sparingly onto the pizza.