As women, we're often so focused on supporting everyone else that we neglect ourselves. But beauty comes from the inside out; if we want to look good, we have to feel good too!
If you don't already try scheduling in 3 hours for self-love each week. That is time for you. Use it to do the things you love, the things that recharge you, so you can be more present with others and in life.
Below are six of my favorite self-love rituals:
1. Selfies - Now a lot of people say selfies are narcissistic, but I believe the opposite - that they're a radical act of self love! Practice taking a selfie every day for a week. You don't even have to post them. Just notice what comes up for you. Does it feel good? Or do you feel resistance? How does that change over the week?
2. Vision boarding - You can't manifest your desires if you don't know what they are! Take time to create a vision board (either viscerally, or online); I do this seasonally, or even monthly. I find that the clearer I am on my goals, that faster I can bring them to life. Hang it somewhere you visit often, or make it your background.
3. Gifts - buy yourself your favorite flowers (or something similarly luxurious) & include a detailed love note. You don't need anyone else to make you feel loved & special. You were born that way. Now own it.
4. Write a love letter to yourself - Tell yourself everything you want to hear. Be as romantic, silly, loving, kind and generous as you want. Put it in an envelope and open it any time you need a pick me up. Let it serve as a reminder that you don’t need an “other” to feel loved and cared for.
5. Create a love contract - Write or print the following on a piece of paper; sign it and hand somewhere you frequent: "It is my conscious decision to love, honor & appreciate myself at all times. I celebrate what I have and accept greatness. I accept the capacity to recieve love effortlessly. I am love. I exude love and forgive myself for anything necessary in my past. I vow to speak kindly to myself and move on from the habits, situations and relationships holding me back. I step fully into my power now. I vow to love, honor, and respect my body, mind & soul, because I am already perfect, whole & complete. Love always & forever, _____________"
6. Practice kind speech - If words enter your brain or come out your mouth that are unkind - rewind! Simply correct the thought. Hug yourself & say “I’m sorry I wasn’t kind. I love you and am working on loving you more. I’m doing my best.” And don't beat yourself up about being perfect, none of us are.
I'd love to know, what are your favorite self-love rituals?